11:32 2014-08-26 extpolitic - citeste alte articole pe aceeasi tema
Comentarii Adauga Comentariu
Israelul a bombardat marti dimineata 2 blocuri turn de 15 etaje din Gaza ce aveau zeci de locuinte si mai multe magazine in interiorul lor, si alte cateva cladiri din jurul lor. Numarul mortilor palestinieni a ajuns la 2133 (engleza)
Preluare The Guardian: Israel bombs two Gaza City tower blocks
Israel bombed two Gaza City high-rises with dozens of homes and shops on Tuesday morning, causing one building to collapse and severely damaging the other.
In the past, the military has hit targets in high-rises in pinpoint strikes, but left the buildings standing. Since Saturday, it has toppled or destroyed five towers and shopping complexes in an apparent new tactic aimed at increasing pressure on Hamas.
Tuesday's strikes levelled the 15-storey Basha Tower with apartments and offices and severely damaged the Italian Complex, built in the 1990s by an Italian businessman, with dozens of shops and offices.
Both buildings were evacuated after receiving warnings of impending strikes. Gaza health official Ashraf al-Kidra said 25 people were wounded in the attack on the Italian Complex.
The Israeli military said it targeted sites linked to militants on Tuesday, but made no specific reference to the two buildings. Israel alleges Hamas often operates from civilian locations. The military has not said why it has begun collapsing large buildings, rather than carrying out pinpointed strikes against suspected militant targets located there.
Also on Tuesday, two people were killed in an air strike on a house in Gaza City, police said.
Israel's military said it carried out 15 air strikes in Gaza on Tuesday.
It said eight rockets were launched from the coastal strip at Israeli territory, including one that cause extensive damage to a home in the southern city of Ashkelon and lightly injured more than a dozen people there.
The latest strikes came as Egypt urged Israel and Hamas to resume indirect talks on a permanent ceasefire, based on an Egyptian proposal for a new border deal for blockaded Gaza.
The Egyptian offer calls for a gradual easing of restrictions on trade and movement in and out of Gaza and would give Hamas's Palestinian rival, Mahmoud Abbas, a foothold in Gaza.
Hamas seized Gaza from Abbas in 2007, triggering the blockade that has been enforced to varying degrees since then.
Israel and Hamas have not responded to Egypt's latest call.
Gaza's war has so far killed at least 2,133 Palestinians and wounded more than 11,000, according to Palestinian health officials. The UN estimates more than 17,000 homes have been destroyed, leaving 100,000 people homeless.
On the Israeli side, 68 people have been killed, all but four of them soldiers.
Linkul direct catre Petitie
Citiți și cele mai căutate articole de pe Fluierul:
05:50 CITATUL ZILEI
ieri 05:30 CITATUL ZILEI
ieri 04:30 EFEMERIDE ASTRONOMICE - 29 martie